We are Debianised
- Toolset starts with debhelper & the dh_* suite
- Source builds are based on the triad: upstream source,debianised diff, and the manifest (*.dsc)
- Build is repeatable using a standard method, like debuild with/without pbuilder
- Build depends are comprehensive, provided both in debian/control & the manifest
- Modern approach to rules using overrides & dh_* tools
- The rules script is complete & controls all parts of the build
- Versioning is documented in the changelog
Additions to Xen Upstream Source
In order to build upstream xen the Debian way, we have added the Debianised diff*xz tarball. This improves versioning, build-depends, patching, and all of compiling through packaging. There is also the manifest, *.dsc.
Targets in Closed Set
Our three main Makefile targets (in rules script) , build-arch, install-arch, and binary-arch, are in a closed set, with each member pointing to the other so that a complete build is possible.
fakeroot dh binary-arch --no-act
#(choose from: binary binary-arch binary-indep build build-arch build-indep clean install install-arch install-indep)
Fine Tune Packaging
If there is an error or imperfection in the build final stages, like install-arch or binary-arch, we execute:
dh_prep;rm debian/*.logand then redo
fakeroot debian/rules binary-archafter making the needed changes in package.install or under the install-arch target of rules.